Two new modules this week dealing with power and hand tool use and safety, and safe electrical work practice. We spent some more time in the workshop beginning a new project – creating a drill gauge out of steel. The purpose of this project is to allow us to demonstrate that we can use various hand tools – scribe, square, hacksaw, file, drill press, etc. Nothing too extravagant, but the focus is on precision. When punching the centres for the holes, I wasn’t as careful as I should have been and they ended up out of line a touch. Not too far, but further than I would have liked. I had the option to try to fix the situation, but given the huge line up for the drill press I decided that a new start would be the most efficient use of my time.
I’m not feeling too flash – I think these 60 hour weeks are starting to wear me down.